Gallery Coordinator Job Description
Reporting to the Gallery Supervisor, the Gallery Coordinators are responsible for customer sales and POS data entry, scheduling and training of docents, student registration for classes and workshops, and ensuring a professional face to the general public.
- Enters data into the Point of Sale (POS) for membership, customer lists, sales, and bookkeeping reports.
- Schedules and trains docents. Recruits volunteers for special projects and committee work.
- Receives and processes payment for classes, workshops and special events.
- Answers questions from customers, members and the public.
- Communicates RAA events and news to the public and to the members.
- Maintains forms inventory and keeps RAA information rack supplied with current events.
- Assists bookkeeper as needed.
- Attends Operating Committee and other meetings when requested by Gallery Supervisor.
- Other work and special projects assigned by the Gallery Supervisor.
- Strong computer and writing skills.
- Retail sales experience preferred.
- Experience with social media desired.
- Knowledge of or interest in art and art education.
Working Hours and Conditions
- Regular schedule to be assigned by Gallery Supervisor but most weeks will average about 15 hours.
- Must be available to work additional days and hours when needed for vacation coverage and special events.
- Coordinator may need to lift up to 25 lbs. when taking inventory or rearranging storage areas.
Submit resume with names and contact information of three references to:
Attention Gail Brownfield
215 E State Street
Redlands CA 92373